source Mary Ann Sickle
Note: The recipe is for a 9x9 pan; I always double this recipe in a 9x13 pan and it just has to cook a little (or a lot) longer. During Sickle Summer at Fallen Leaf Mary Ann came to visit. After a long night of introducing all to Slivovica she got up VERY early and went to town for more Slivovica and for the ingredients to surprise us with this coffee cake for breakfast...with peach smashes.
|2 ||Cup||Cake Flour|
|2 ||Teaspoon||Baking Powder|
|2 ||Cup||Blueberries (fresh or frozen)|
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg until light.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add alternately with the milk. Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in the berries and pour into a buttered 9"x9" pan.
- Blend topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Bake in 350° oven until center is done when tested...about 35 minutes or longer.