source Christiana Mitchell
A never-fail appetizer and everything can be kept on the shelf or in the freezer for unexpected occasions. I often double the recipe, but then use three cans of crab...just a little richer.
|1 ||Can||Canned or cold-packed crab meat (drained and flaked)|
|3 ||Tablespoon||sliced green onions|
|1 ||Cup||Shredded Swiss Cheese|
|1 ||Teaspoon||Fresh Lemon Juice|
|1 ||Package||Butterflake Rolls/Biscuits (large package)|
|1 ||Can||Sliced Water Chestnuts|
- Combine the crab, green onions, cheese, lemon juice, curry powder and mayo in small bowl.
- Divide butterflake rolls into thin pieces (about ? inch or where it separates easily) and arrange on a cookie sheet.
- Put a spoonful of the crab mixture on each piece of dough and tip with a slice of water chestnut. Sprinkle with Paprika.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes (generally 10 is better)
- Makes about 50 appetizers which can be frozen after baking and reheated at 350° before serving.